Howdy, Coinshooters! I’ve submitted version 1.1 of Coinshooter to the App Store tonight. Hopefully, it will be ready for download next week sometime. It’s got some great new features, including one that you can see right there on the front page.
The 2 big features are:
- The Finds Browser – browse all your finds at once
- Twitter Integration – tweet your photos while the coin still has dirt on it!
With the Finds Browser, you can view all of your finds at once. Of course, you can still view your finds by location and hunt, but with this change, you can see your overall find list. Here are some of the cool things that the Finds Browser makes possible:
- View all finds
- View all finds for a selected Year
- View all finds for a selected Month/Year
- View all finds for a selected Name
- View finds marked as Favorites
- Or any combination of these filters
- See finds for a location (all, by year, month, favorites, or find names)
- Summarize finds based on your filtering selections
- Shows count of each find name, example: view how many Barber Dimes did you find in 2012?
- Map your finds based on your filter selections as well.
- Sorry, but browsing all photos for filtered finds isn’t ready yet. You can still browse all photos for a specific find or for a location (including the photos for its finds).
The Twitter integration is great for you Twitter users. Similar to the email, you can now tweet your photos while they are hot off the sensor. If you’re in the field, be careful not to tap the “Add Location” button, unless you want the world to know where you just found your treasure. I was wary of adding the Twitter feature until I determined that your location does not get shared automatically. Follow me @byronbennett to see what I’m finding 🙂
There are other little tweaks and fixes that should make life a bit better as well, but I’ll leave you to discover those on your own. Until next time, happy hunting!